Nebula






It's common knowledge how much I adore NASA and all things space, that geeky t-shirt above is most certainly my own and I've been wearing it a lot lately as I've been getting a little emo over NASA retiring their space shuttle. Sure it had its devastating flaws and some horrendous errors in judgment and design that led to some catastrophic accidents and negative press associations, not totally dissimilar to Concorde. But NASA has defined a whole age of Americana history, and furthermore been responsible for inspiring entire generations to accomplish their dreams. NASA is after all, rather unintentionally, responsible for a whole design movement, led most exponentially by the acclaimed  Christopher Kane Resort 2011 Collection; that made the romantic and whimsical associations with space even more lustworthy. Undoubtedly NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has been responsible for retrieving some of the most influential and inspirational photographs in our culture today. Which is probably why I'm so in love with Aqua's new collection, that seems to be finding its way all over the web at the moment. Seeming to take inspiration not only from the galaxies but NASA's own sleek and stoic clean white and nude lines of the space shuttle itself and the vibrant umber toned flames and billows of smoke post-launch. With reasonable prices of £70 - £140 I doubt I'm going to be able to resist this range for long. The cleavage revealing maxi dress is practically screaming my name. Whilst NASA is in transition and recoup mode at the moment the lure of galaxy prints ensures their work is remembered, in a forum they probably never anticipated.