Whilst watching Style The Nation at the weekend (I promise not only just to stare at Nick Grimshaw) I found myself becoming increasingly infuriated as a majority of the festival looks were styled with highly impractical heels. I think a festival is probably the occasion that least calls for a pair of heels EVER - first of all heels would have to contend with nature: muddy fields, sandy beaches, floods of rain, then there's the practicality issue: big crowds, all day raves, campsite to arena walks! My feet are throbbing at just the thought of combatting all that in a pair of heels! Seriously if anyone has actually taken on a festival in heels I'm sending a foot spa and a round of applause your way! So I've picked some of my favourite festival footwear from the high street out, and if this whole post is a subterfuge for providing reasoning for me to buy a pair of much-lusted-over Dr Martens you may be right! Add to basket. Purchase. Now.

1, 2, 3 - moccasins and espadrilles are perfect for those Summery festival days when you still want to keep your precious little toes away from the safety of moshpits and spilt beer! They go with absolutely everything from floaty floral Summer dresses or denim cut offs. They're particularly perfect for those laidback, causal festivals such as Big Chill or Beach Break. I'd always opt for a dark colour, although the impractical whimsical side of me is loving all the lilacs, corals and cream crochets on the market they don't look quite so pretty caked in mud and grass stains!
4, 5 - I probably wouldn't ever wear sandals at a festival in the UK, especially flip flops for fear my toes would be bloodied and bruised by the end of a weekend of raves! But for festivals abroad such as Benicasism, EXIT and Pukkelpop it's hard to stay away from such Summery footwear in the heat! I'd still go for a relatively closed in design to offer more protection and support to the foot and I'd try and find a durable material (broken sandals are such a mood killers)! Definitely test them out before wearing them and load your bag with plasters just in case! I'm loving all the bright coloured sandal options at the moment that allow for fearless colourblocking and the aztec inspired ones add that perfect Coachella style bohemian look.
6, 7, 8 - WELLIES are probably my festival favourite. Investing in a good pair of Hunters is definitely worth the money if you have a whole Summer of festivals lined up, they add those Kate Moss vibes to any festival outfit and just look effortlessly chic. I personally would always opt for the famous Hunter green or the classic black, but those duck egg blue ones are just heavenly! Highly durable, weatherproof and fun to splash around in wellies will always be my go to, especially for all those festivals that take place on farms! If Hunters are looking a bit too costly I'm loving the idea of glow in the dark wellingtons that seem to be cropping up everywhere - perfect for those after hours raves at Shangri - La at Glastonbury!
9, 10, 11 - Boots are my other festival go to, I love how they immediately toughen up pretty Summer dresses and add that rock style edge to leather and denim. I also feel much more capable of tackling a crowd and getting in prime position with boots on my feet! Leather boots are probably more practical than fabric for the muddy festivals such as Glastonbury or Reading and Leeds but for V or Beacons I'd opt for soft fabrics that aren't too hot in the Summer sun!
