001 SUSHI! It's my favourite food at the moment. I can't get enough of it. It's just so yummy. One of the best meals I've ever had was sushi at the Pacha restaurant in Ibiza - it was just phenomenal! Although that might have had something to do with Swedish House Mafia simultaneously DJing. Can closer proximity to Yo Sushi be a justification for a relocation? It's one I'm considering.
002 This photo of Annie Mac in double denim. I think I've mentioned on separate occasions my love for Annie Mac and my love for double denim. So when you put the two together in a double whammy - I was inevitably going to fall head over heels in love. This picture makes me want my wardrobe just to be a sea of denim delights. I think I might finally purchase some dungarees this weekend, after much deliberation I've decided I want to dress like I belong on the set of The Beverly Hillbillies.
003 'We're New Here' the Jamie xx remix album of Gil Scott Heron's 'I'm New Here'. Everything Jamie xx touches turns to gold, from his remix of Florence and the Machine 'You've Got the Love' to Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep.' He even managed to remix the BBC News Theme Tune and make it sound good! I've had the 'We're New Here' album on repeat for the past few weeks and it's such an enjoyable easy listen. If you like James Blake, Mount Kimbie or Zoo Kid you'll probably like this. My favourite track, if you haven't heard it and fancy checking it out is 'I'll Take Care of U.' This is such a raw and emotive track. The lyrics could be lifted from an Adele song but the sound is something else entirely, most commonly being dubbed as 'gospel/piano house.' The album is something only Jamie xx could produce and it's all the more amazing because of that.
004 Reading magazines. I just love this time of the month when all the new magazine's hit the newsstands, and there's something exciting to pick up alongside the weekly shopping. This month some of my favourite covers include Kate Winslet's blonde pixie cut emblazoned on Vogue, Gwen Stefani's edgy look and a divine aquamarine background on Elle and the gorgeous Adele on the Tiffany - coloured - The Gentlewoman. As I write this I've already got my American Apparel geek chic reading glasses perched on the end of my nose and the bath running to indulge in these magazines properly!
005 Caramel hot chocolate with marshmallows has been my guilty pleasure this week. I have a midnight hot chocolate and usually watch some American drama every night. I've been trying to remember my life pre - Sky Atlantic channel and can't, since I've now taken to watching Six Feet Under, The Soprano's and Big Love from the start! With Gossip Girl on hiatus desperate times call for desperate measures!
006 Festival announcements. I love this time of year for how nostalgic you get of Summers past and how excited you get for Summers future. The past week or so I've been getting far too overly - excited over new line up announcements, I literally ran round my house squealing when I heard Brandon Flowers would be at Benicassim, I still get goosebumps whenever someone even mentions Glastonbury and I'm making the Parklife purchase ASAP! I just love music festivals. I want to be Emily Eavis.
007 Cute quotes. Sometimes all you need when you're feeling down is a little motivational or reassuring quote and everything's okay. I normally turn to books but at the moment I'm three quarters of the way through the wonderful, but not particularly cheery 'The Pillars of the Earth' so instead I've been abusing weheartit to the hilt for sweet little sayings!
008 The film Paper Heart. It's amazing. That's all. Watch it if you haven't already. I just love the puppet scenes and I'm a sucker for sweet old couples - and this movie has some in! (Sidenote: I cried at a Red Nose Day campaign the other day that was about a sweet old couple; one of them had dementia, the other was a full time carer. Just awww! My heart actually melted. Who doesn't want to find love like that?!)
009 These pictures of scientists releasing a baby panda back into the wild. They're amazing. I LOVE ANIMALS! I love the zoo. I'm desperate to go on safari. David Attenborough is a God.
010 Finding Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil in the bathroom cabinet. The smell of Summer.







