game of checkers by moonlight

Thought of the day - I wish I could pull off double tartan.


Rodarte, Spring / Summer 2011


Rag & Bone, Autumn / Winter 2011


Versus, Spring / Summer 2011

I want to waltz around in get ups resembling my pyjamas, frolic in plaid that lets grass stains become an enhancement rather than a detriment and pull off looking both preppy and simultaneously like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. What is it about double teaming hard wearing fabrics that is so outdoorsy, dreamy and effortless? Could plaid be the new denim? And yes, you would be correct in thinking this obsession began with Elle Fanning modelling for Rodarte. What a beauty. 

Off topic. It's now 6AM and I am yet to go to bed; result of a combination of terrible insomnia, late night chats and a gripping book. I'm now considering missing sleep, grabbing a bagel and hitting the gym instead. Although the chances of me being wiped by mid - afternoon then are highly likely. Dilemma! Why is today not Sunday all over again?! Sunday is definitely the time when both head to toe plaid and a lazy bed day would be acceptable. Anyway, sleep deprivation has caused me to mindlessly chat so I shall shut up and go listen to breakfast radio. Thank you for all your lovely comments, and hello to all new followers, I hope you all have a beautiful Monday.