"you're my girl"

It's so rainy and dreary at the moment that the thought of stepping out the door unless entirely necessary isn't very appealing. For days now I've had the film Forrest Gump on my mind, I wasn't sure why, but when I had the opportunity to watch it today (it is half term after all, so film days are allowed) I realised the Fall catwalks are so synonymous with the wardrobe of Robin Wright's character Jenny Curran that I've probably been subconsciously referencing the film in my mind. Forrest Gump has always been one of my favourite films, I absolutely love the incorporation of the visual effects so Forrest's meeting influential politicians and popular figures of the era. The Alabama setting instantly reminded me of Rodarte's Fall 2011 cornfield inspired gowns and I'm desperately lusting after crochet and lace now. So I thought since they're so relevant I'd include some of my favourite outfit pictures. The quality of the pictures isn't the greatest, sorry, stupid computer snapshots! I'm off to watch the football now, complete with beer. I'm compensating for spending the day thinking of florals and knitwear.





I am particularly in love with this dress. The collar is little white daisies - so cute!