glass in the park






So I thought I'd make this into a little feature, I'll probably concentrate on travel, but right now I'm wishing with all my might the Orla Kiely Ready To Wear Fall Collection could find its way into my wardrobe. It's the kind of collection you just fall in love with on sight, full of wholly wearable pieces, in a range of spiced ombre and ochre shades that resemble the crisp leaves underfoot or chestnuts burning in the fire. Then there is the spectrum of monochrome pieces, which I feel I always fall on the most come Autumn for their practicality and instantaneous chic finish. But the piece de resistance is probably the peppering of jewel shades such as emerald and ruby amongst the collection, these vibrant dresses and luxuriant jackets catch your eye immediately akin to the glistening of a piece of adored antique jewellery catching the light. Then there's the multitude of textures from thick knits to delicate applique; that makes you want to stroke each piece like it's a treasured family tapestry blanket or just grab it and run away with it! The whole collection is very British somehow, traversing the eras of English fashion with its quaint little 50s influenced bows and high waists, ankle socks, oversized buttons, heritage tweeds, her vintage influenced peter pan collar details and of course the pretty patterning that Orla Kiely's become so acclaimed for. It's all very Alexa. Or Sunday Girl. With backcombed hair finishing the stylised look and the clothes possessing a very indie/ vintage/old school vibe. And with that being said you can see why it's cropping up on blog's worldwide. You almost feel like you should be donning it and dancing round the set of 'Submarine' to Alex Turner's crooning vocals. I'm already longing to be walking round London Museums and libraries in these clothes, with stop offs for G&T's and cakes along the way. Bring on Winter - log fires, Christmas markets, dark at 4PM I'm ready for you if this is what I get to wear! Alas, it's probably a little out of my price range, but that won't stop me avidly wishing for it.