wicked games

Recently I've found myself incorporating simple t-shirts into my outfits, finding them perfect for the interchangeable (annoying) weather we've been having in the UK at the moment! There's never a shortage of them on the market either plain or patterned and can often be picked up for only a couple of pounds from retailers such as Primark or H&M. They're surprisingly easy to dress up or dress down and so easy to squeeze into your suitcase and team with a whole plethora of Summer trends. I've decided to use the old faithful white t-shirt here, although I was totally tempted to include these lovely numbers: 1 2 3 4 5
day/night basic
DAY: 1 2 3 4 5 My inspiration here was to draw together two of the most prominent trends of the season; colour blocking and pastels, amalgamating them together to make a Summery and practical outfit. The kind that is perfect for a lounging, languid picnic or a touristy amble round a city centre. I love this pastel pink and turquoise combination too. I'm also still completely in love with these jelly sandals, I bought a pair last year and lived in them out in Ibiza; they have childhood nostalgia and practicality all rolled together into their little plastic soles perfectly. The pastel pink pair are the ultimate return to childish fantasy - if only they were glittery! I've kept jewellery to a minimum as this is the kind of outfit I envision myself wearing being all touristy in Barcelona (I've been lusting after my 09 tour of Spain so much recently), and I always end up losing jewellery on holidays! Somehow it just vanishes! Sunglasses as always are a must. In fact, a post on some of my favourite sunglasses around at the moment is inevitable in the near future. These white shades co-ordinate with the t-shirt and pull together the outfit for me. I love that this outfit would flatter a whole array of shapes and sizes too, with the option of tucking the t-shirt in to showcase curves or to leave the t-shirt loose. I can practically smell the French baguettes, envision the tourist guides and maps and feel the sun the more I look at this outfit.

NIGHT: 6 7 8 9 10 11 I know a lot of people would never envision wearing a t-shirt on a night out, but I'm rarely the heels and skimpy dress kind, I blame Ibiza for this casual attitude to going out attire! Pairing the t-shirt with wedges instantly adds height, glamour and that pizzazz, plus they're so much more comfortable than heels! Especially teamed with a co-ordinated pair of socks, I've chosen white knitted ones here but I'm absolutely adoring the lace ankle socks Fearne Cotton's teaming with her 60s inspired Very dresses at the moment too. Adding statement jewellery also instantly makes the outfit more suitable for a night out drinking cocktails and finding your way into the DJ booth, I'm totally crushing on Dannijo's whole jewellery range at the moment that has that navajo, traveller feel to it drawing together gorgeously strong, almost intoxicating jewel colours, with thick lustrous metals and interesting yet simplistic shapes. The prices range from the reasonable to the completely out of my grasp but it's a site worth looking at if you're a bit of a magpie and the pieces are so perfect for the Summer months. Meanwhile the leather shorts are a statement piece but a wardrobe staple of mine, whenever in doubt I pull them on, they seem to just go with everything and they could easily be incorporated into a daytime look too. The fringed bag plays with textures and again brings in that traveller, navajo feel to the outfit. I love fringing at the moment, I desperately want to find a fringed leather jacket! I'm convinced I would wear it with everything (especially on that American roadtrip I want to go on so badly). I think the outfit actually benefits from the simplicity of the white t-shirt, although you would want to stay clear of any UV lighting unless you were feeling brave! Whilst the colours from the shoes and jewellery add a pop to the monochrome tones of the outfit. I want to wear this to Pacha!