taking this one to the grave



For the past few months I've been addicted to Pretty Little Liars; spending my evenings swooning over Mr Fitz, guessing who A is and realising just how gorgeous Lucy Hale is. I've also found I've been subconsciously adding stylistic details seen on the show such as feather earrings, lace dresses and ankle boots to my wardrobe. Rather more consciously I also decided to order a copy of the name bracelets from the designer who actually produces them for the show. I think they're really cute and especially when examined up close so beautifully detailed. When I placed the order back in March the designer emailed me immediately to clarify my order and warn of the waiting list, since each piece is handmade to order and obviously demand is high with the popularity of the show. I received the bracelet in mid May and have been wearing it religiously since, it's so pretty and unusual. I was a little wary of the fragility of the clasp at first, but after approximately three weeks of wear it doesn't appear to be posing a problem. The size is standardised and can't be adjusted once you physically have the bracelet which may be perceived a negative if your sizing is above or below average. But for $36/£25 (approximately) I think the value for the quality and level of personalisation is pretty reasonable. The bracelets can be made in a whole host of colours but with the Pretty Little Liars influence and one of my favourite colours being purple I just couldn't resist this shade. The bracelet is a great conversation starter and has got me even more excited for season two commencing soon (roll on June 14th! EEE!) The shop's here if you'd like to order your own. Also you're about to see just how many purple bracelets I now seem to have collected and also some cheeky tan lines! Oops!