her lips dripped with glitter

So it's time for another round of my festival favourites; today I'm going to concentrate on lips since I always find mine take such a beating if I don't look after them properly. The extreme conditions such as heat and dehydration at festivals can quickly take their toll on lips - which can often be ignored at the best of times. It's often so hard to even consider a vague beauty regime at festivals, especially when they're longer than just a weekend, but it's definitely worth investing five minutes extra into taking care of your skin - I completely substituted lip balm for Eristoff Black at Snowbombing festival and definitely paid the price. Ouch! It's so easy to forget skiing is actually one of the worst things your lips can face!
Carmex is without a doubt a key festival essential. Lips are the first to show signs of the abuse people put their body through at festivals, so Carmex is a product that offers instantaneous results combatting dry, chapped and sore lips perfectly. Investing in any lip product that offers SPF 15 protection is pretty wise for a festival, even in the UK! After all just because the sun isn't shining all the time doesn't mean you can't get burnt and lips are extra sensitive particularly when they're being hit with dehydration and exhaustion! Carmex comes in a range of flavours (mint, cherry, strawberry, original) that means everyone can find a favourite, they're cheap at approximately £2.50 a tube and the packaging allows them to be conveniently thrown into a bag. The tube also makes it extra convenient for a festival allowing it to be applied and shared and still remain relatively germ-free! Even better, I find lipsticks are often longer lasting when applied over a coat of Carmex; perfect for all day drinking and raving! The product has a good water resistance meaning it won't hinder your drinking and tastes so nice you often find yourself applying it even more frequently! Carmex has become a huge cult product having been around since the 1930s which in itself speaks volumes in terms of effectiveness. I'd definitely suggest stocking up for the Summer as they provide a great short-term counteractive combat to festival conditions. Burts Bees chapstick, priced around £3 is also a brilliant product if you prefer a solid lip product. It has great healing properties and you can feel it working straight away.





Lush lip scrubs have become a twice a day daily routine for me; not only are they massively effective, they're also super duper tasty! They're pretty impractical to actually take to a festival with their glass packaging and slightly messy application but I would definitely suggest usage both before and after. They're great at removing dry skin and all the bad build up you'll get from festivals - making them like a exfoliator for your lips! They're quite hard to get used to at first since the ingredients and texture makes application slightly akin to taking a sugared doughnut and just rubbing it on your lips but once you get used to it I think the product is really beneficial. Your lips feel reconditioned after use and the product lasts a long time making the £4.75 initial purchase price pretty cost effective.



OK I'll admit this product looks much scarier than it is! But don't judge me yet! Whilst this isn't exactly a product directly for your lips, this product covers the mouth region! Plus I know the whole 'How do I brush my teeth at a festival?' issue is a much discussed one. After several attempts at attempting to brush my teeth with a travel sized toothbrush and a bottle of water, or trying to survive purely off mint chewing gum, I honestly find chewable toothbrushes the most effective solution to the problem. They're easy to fit in your bag, relatively cheap and really easy to use! You can buy these Rolly chewable toothbrushes pictured above for approximately £4 for six, or you can pick up chewable toothbrushes at service stations across the UK - so you can grab them on the way down if you're planning on road tripping! They're not the cheapest of products, nor the nicest looking but in terms of easiness I'd plump for them every time! You'll definitely look superior to all the people vainly attempting to swill their mouth out with warm water and toothpaste! I'm one of those people who always feels much better after brushing my teeth so I think it's worth the extra expense; despite the product slightly resembling a bacterium I used to draw in Biology class!

My Glastonbury tickets arrived today so this post is pretty apt. I can't believe it's less than a month away now. The tickets have this Christopher Kane-esque feel about them (I'll try and grab a photo for you guys) and they've got me lusting after a galaxy print dress all over again though! Sigh! Also after having a massive chat about America with some friends the other night I'm now back to lusting after that American roadtrip! One day.