So did anyone watch Catfish? What did you all think? The football over ran so I ended up Sky+ing it and staying up late with cashews and Coke to watch it again. I forgot how many OMGZ moments there are.
On a side note I just want to talk about the football a minute, I know most girls are probably sick of hearing about football from their boyfriends and don't want to read about it here, but last night one of the Barcelona players Abidal appeared on the field in the last minutes of the game just seven weeks after his diagnosis of a tumour on the liver. He'd had the operation to remove it on the 17th March this year, just two months ago. It was a pretty special moment seeing him appear on the field to rapturous applause around Camp Nou and then as the game finished and Barcelona found out they'd be heading to Wembley for the Champions League finals seeing his teammates throwing him in the air rejoicing. I could have shed a tear! At the football! I know! Need to get a grip! But to me it was a moment that transcended the game of football; instead it showcased people defeating the odds, the bonds of not just a team but friendship and thousands of people united in sheer happiness.
Look see now I'll move on to fashion! It's great news to hear this week that All Saints have finally found a buyer. The company fell into administration following the Icelandic financial crisis. The new £102 million deal will put the company in receipt of investment from Goode Partners and Lion Capital who also hold investments in American Apparel and La Senza. Not only would the closure of All Saints left over 2,000 people in the UK unemployed but it also would have left a hole in the fashion industry since All Saints have gained somewhat of a cult following in recent years. In my opinion All Saints is a company that straddles high street and designer, in terms of price and their designs. All Saints retails at a much higher price than Topshop or River Island but also prides itself in creating collections each season as opposed to fast fashion. However I do think it is this higher price fashion that has contributed to All Saints falling into debt. Impulse buying a £20 t-shirt or a £40 dress from other high street stores is a much easier decision than purchasing a £50 t-shirt or £200 dress from All Saints.
However with that being said, I am completely in love with their current stock, to me it looks like Coachella in shop form! It's just effortless, stylish, aztec inspired fashion. The collection is full of headscarves, printed trousers, earthy tones, heavy beading and oversized sweaters that would look amazing at some of the overseas festivals such as Benicassim or Exit this year.

