burning angel


So this is my first scheduled post. So I hope it works. Fingers crossed if all goes well I'll be completely overexcited at Radio One's Big Weekend whilst you're reading this, fangirling like crazy over Friendly Fires and the Foos and incessantly singing Plan B's 'Charmaine'. TUNE. And possibly doing a bit of Ed Macfarlane/Nick Grimshaw/Rizzle Kicks (more on them ASAP) stalking. OOPS. Anyway, before I get a restraining order slapped on me..... Charli XCX is one of my favourite new finds. I found out about her in an Annie Mac ustream and haven't been able to stop listening to 'Stay Away' since. Reminiscent of Lykke Li, Crystal Castles and Robyn I don't know too much about Charli XCX. Other than that she's ventured into that Indie Grime Dance crossover category and is a huge 2ManyDJs and Justice fan. With Ariel Rechtshaid (We Are Scientists, Diplo) producing her music and artists such as Salem, T Williams AND Phaeleh already remixing her though it's highly likely Charli XCX is going to storm into awareness with the same hard punching, angst beauty her music proffers. She's like Peaches, Nicki Minaj and Alexis Krauss all rolled into one. She's ventured into music before with a tune 'Francheskaar' that is now virtually impossible to track down. But with rumours that she's played muse to Rankin and David Bailey and a recent appearance at Great Escape, this year it looks like this time we won't be able to 'Stay Away.'