So I just thought I'd post a collection of photos from my past week, I've mentioned before that I take my camera absolutely everywhere with me so I thought I should start documenting what I snap on my blog. Normally there's a lot of night out photos, but I'll try not to post too many of those here, NOBODY wants to see them! I'll apologise now for the poor photo quality - last year at Snowbombing festival in Austria a crowd surfing lobster smashed my camera into the barrier and it hasn't been quite the same since! A new one definitely needs to be purchased in time for festival season.
Review in 'The Sunday Times' of King Creosote and Jon Hopkin's new album 'Diamond Mine', it's an absolutely gorgeous production. Each song is just so mesmerising, melodic and hauntingly beautiful. Rob da Bank's been playing tracks from the album a lot on his show and my standout track is probably 'Bats in the Attic'. A song so raw and emotive it's synonymous with Adele's 'Someone Like You' in that every listen almost brings you to tears!
I spent last Sunday listening avidly and majorly fangirling to Nick Grimshaw and Annie Mac's show for the first play of Justice's new track. I'm a massive Justice fan, from their early gigs supporting Hot Chip to the Club 75 sidelines. 'Civilization' just get's better every time I listen to it and is well on it's way to becoming a Summer anthem.
My sister had to make cakes for a bake sale at school and bought these really cute iced animals, I saved this frog from being eaten, named him Francoise and he's still sat in my bedroom now.... not quite sure how long he'll last before he has to be thrown away though! :(
Who isn't talking about Radio One's Big Weekend?! The line up is almost as crazy as the number of people who have already registered for tickets! Their Big Weekend in Preston was one of the first festivals I ever went to, Carlisle's under an hour away from where I live but the chances of getting tickets are pretty slim. Still I registered as soon as possible! Saturday's the winning day for me; the Foo Fighters and Friendly Fires completely sold it. I'm a sucker for Ed MacFarlane's (lead singer of Friendly Fires) dancing on stage.
My tickets for David Guetta arrived on Monday which was a complete surprise as I totally forgot about even purchasing them! I've seen David Guetta a few times now and every time it's been an amazing experience - I was at Pacha when Guetta and Akon shot the 'Sexybitch' music video, right against the barrier talking to his roadies when his Creamfields Arena got shut down due to over-capacity and in the VIP area at Cafe Mambo in Ibiza when he did an exclusive set, so I can't wait to see him again.
Colour matching Illamasqua 'Radium' nail polish to Leora Tannebaum's book 'Slut' which I wrote about in a post you can read here. It's a surprisingly thought provoking book.
My sister got the new 3D DS and I have to admit I kind of stole it away to have a sneaky play myself - it's so clever and such a pretty colour! I love having a little sister for things like this!
Book delivery from Amazon, I especially can't wait to read 'All my friends are Superheroes' as I purchased it off the back of some amazing reviews. This morning during a major case of insomnia I started reading 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' again - it's so strange how different your feelings towards a book can be when you read it at different stages in your life.
Casper had a lot of fun playing with the boxes my purchases came in too! He's getting so big!
It's so exciting being able to sleep with the windows open at night now it's getting warmer. I love this tree right outside my window and I really regret not documenting it's passage through time more.
I've been going to the gym every day and my Mum keeps trying to counteract this with the excessive purchasing of tempting confectionary! I keep finding chocolate bars left in my room with little notes! This was the collection I'd amassed by Wednesday!
I fell completely in love with these Topshop leggings and couldn't help hit the 'add to bag' button. I have a Topshop card and it makes cheeky purchases far too tempting! I should really cut it up and throw it away!
I got my first Graze box this week and completely underestimated how exciting it would be! Post + food = wow! Everything was so yummy and whilst I originally intended to only try them out I actually think I'm going to keep getting them once a week! Oops!
I've watched (and cried over!) far too many episodes of Brothers & Sisters this week. Lesson learnt - deciding to go back and watch a series from the start is a terrible idea when you want to have a productive week.
By Thursday I finally cracked and indulged in the Malteaser bunny! My excuse being they're limited edition!
I've listened to this song far too many times this week, it's so good! And I want the hairband from the music video so bad! Florals and peace symbols hash tag winning.
Casper and I had a lazy day on Friday. He spent it laid on a faux fur cushion and I spent it reading and munching my way through my Graze box. It was actually pretty perfect and 'The Lacuna' is such an extremely interesting, vibrant and very quotable read. Also at the moment every time I go to the supermarket I end up adding one of these Starbucks coffees to my trolley, they're amazing! I think the mocha and caramel latte's are my favourites.
Yesterday I got spoilt with sushi and banoffee cupcakes. Two of my favourite foods and both were absolutely amazing!
This week I also had my last piece of bread for a month! My family eats very European, which often isn't very healthy: we have meals late at night, take a long time over our food, meals are normally coupled with wine and whilst there's always a lot of salad and vegetables, there's also a lot of bread and cheese. So I'm attempting to give up on bread for the whole of April, pretty scary since I'm also considering a trip to Paris this month! A trip to France without eating a baguette is practically a crime against culture!
My biggest excitement this week was probably discovering my hair's now waist length! (Please excuse the fangirl Swedish House Mafia sweatshirt!) I've been wanting it that length for absolutely ages and it seems to have suddenly had a growth spurt completely out of nowhere! I think I did a bit of an excited jump around my room when I took my hair out of it's top knot and it seemed to go on forever. Rapunzel here I come!


