shake me down


My blog turned one month old yesterday, it's weird how strangely exciting this is. After all in simple terms it's just one little web page on the big scary internet but actually it's already come to mean so much more to me. So I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all my beautiful followers and to all the people who've left a lovely comment. Each one is read and treasured. I guess I started this blog, like a lot of people do, because I wanted a little space to express my thoughts, feelings and the general craziness going on in my mind. But, I also started the blog because I'm at a point in my life where I'm questioning a lot of things, and I guess I was hoping I'd 'find' myself of sorts through blogging. To be perfectly honest it's already helping a lot. I know I love finding more out about people behind blogs I read, mostly because who isn't a bit nosey really?! So I thought today I'd be slightly egotistical and post entirely about myself. So here's ten little facts about me:


001 I'm addicted to back-combing. Maybe on a slightly less colossal scale than pictured above, but if I could, I would. I seriously couldn't live without a comb and hairspray. Although I find that on a night out there's usually several pictures of me caught unawares in various stages of back-combing using just my hands! Desperate times call for desperate measures! I know I'm totally destroying my hair but bigger is just definitely better. 


002 The majority of the time I still sleep with the light on. I think it possibly stems from when I used to fall asleep whilst reading. I actually got over this whilst living abroad this Summer till a strange half naked and very angry man woke me and my friend up in the middle of the night hammering on our balcony door! It was utterly terrifying! The light has stayed on since.


003 I wish I'd been a teenager in the 80's. There is no other word to use to describe my love for the 80's other than obsessive. Whenever I'm feeling down I always stick on a John Hughes film and everything's ok. I mean, who isn't cheered up by this?! Heathers, The Breakfast Club, Class, St. Elmos Fire, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles... I love them all. I also adore 80's fashion and music, I could quite happily parade around in ankle socks and dungarees and leotards and leg warmers to Simple Minds and Dire Straits for the rest of my days. Plus, when Ferris said "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while. You could miss it" he was talking a lot of sense.


004 I love all things to do with space. I'm a complete NASA geek and I could sit and watch the sky forever. There's something just so fascinating in it's ever-changing exorbitance. I love the Bill Watterson quote: "If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." It's so true, there's just so many romantic notions and ideologies wrapped up in the stars but when you spend a night looking at them you realise just how big the whole universe is. Nothing is as liberating but simultaneously grounding.


005 Strangely I have a penchant for American rock. Glam, punk, new wave, I absolutely love it all. One of my favourite films is The Runaways (demonstrating that Kristen Stewart can really act too!) and I love Motley Crue's The Dirt.


006 One day I'll buy a piece of land and build a house. All I want is breathtaking, beautifully inspiring, panoramic views and a house full of smiles and memories.


007 I think my desire to go on an American road trip may have shamefully come from watching Britney Spears' Crossroads as a child. 


008 Boys in double denim make me swoon. Photo above is Brandon Flowers at a gig I went to in Leeds.  I think it explains everything.


009 I adore cheese. If I had to live off one food for the rest of my life it would be cheese. It's gorgeous. I could talk about the wonders and versatilities of cheese for quite some time but I'll try not to. I'll just say: I've never met a cheese I haven't liked and my perfect day would most definitely feature a cheese board. 


010 Simply. I believe in fate and stories like this make me so happy inside!