sequin overload

Confession, I'm having a bit of a bad day today. You know when you have a series of good days that means you're finding it pretty hard to stop smiling, then something brings you down with a bang? That's happened to me today. Even LOVE magazine hasn't improved my mood and that's my normal pick me up go to! Keep calm and look to Katie Grand. Coming on here and seeing some new followers and lovely comments has really cheered me up though. You guys are more effective than chocolate! Be proud!

At the moment I'm finding it hard deciding what to blog about because there's so much I want to say. I think I may have to whip out my notebook and organise some daily themes. I wanted to slip into themes naturally but with crazy amounts of runways and red carpets at the moment it's harder than I expected. Plus, I do love a good organising session, particularly when it's accompanied by a bottle of wine.

I've been in love with Elie Saab for a while now. If I ever get married it will be in one of his dresses. He's always been a popular choice for the Red Carpet, since his gowns possess drama and notability whilst remaining flattering and feminine. And the Haute Couture 2011 collection was just breathtaking. What always fascinates me about Elie Saab's dresses is the level of workmanship and attention that goes into each garment, even if you're not a fan you can't help but be impressed. At the awards celebrities plumped for dresses in arrays of neutrals and pastels. I want them all! Although I think I'd be too scared to even put one on. If I owned one it could just hang in a corner of my room, to be looked at and loved on days like today!


Amy Adams, BAFTAs, Spring 2011


Scarlett Johansson, Golden Globes, Spring 2011


Emily Blunt, Premiere of the Adjustment Bureau, Haute Couture Spring 2011


Florence Welch, Grammy's, Haute Couture Fall 2010

It's the Brit awards tonight and I hope somebody's wearing Elie Saab. I'm not really a fan of the Brit's (I much prefer the Grammy's) but the 'new look' appears to be taking on a more Grammy-esque feel. Although I highly doubt they can top Cee Lo Green dressed as a bird, Gwyneth Paltrow in pink feather earrings and muppets! The Grammy's haven't been broadcast in the UK yet, I couldn't resist and had to watch online - complete with my own mojito and bag of popcorn, there were some amazing performances but this is just unreal. Now I'm definitely smiling!