hypercaine

For the few weeks I've had this blog I haven't really been doing posts at the weekends. Especially on Sundays. I usually reserve them for spending time with the family. Typically we'll all fight over the Sunday papers in the morning, go out for the day walking the puppy and then we always do the big Sunday dinner at night with lots of family and lots of red wine! Today though I'm in such an excitable mood I thought I'd blog to share it with everyone. Otherwise I'd just be running round my room manically dancing and singing along to my itunes (yes, I was doing this just a few minutes ago). I'm currently playing Beth Ditto's newest tracks super duper loud to drown out the neighbours terrible selection of music - perhaps from the 70s or maybe just awful 90s pop (not Spice Girls, S Club 7 or All Saints because we all secretly still love to sing along to them!) - that I've been hearing from my bedroom all morning!
Despite going to bed feeling pretty down about a few things I've woken up awfully chipper. I'm blaming my hyperactive state on three things:
1) the bright sun streaming through my windows (I know I'm always talking about the weather on here but I'm just living up to the British stereotype!)
2) I dreamt I liberated a prison with the help of the cast of Harry Potter and approximately fifty kittens
3) (and most importantly) IT'S THE OSCARS TONIGHT! WHOOO!
I am so excited. Has everyone filled in their Oscar ballots? I'm personally loving these downloadable ballots from Twig & Thistle, which you can get here. They've chosen such pretty colours and designs.


I'm calling off all usual Sunday plans and instead popping popcorn, pre-preparing cocktails and maybe even (shamefully) making my own Oscar goodie bags. I'm definitely donning a maxi dress for the occasion, I figure I'll be less likely to fall asleep if I'm in a pretty dress. Although by 5AM I may have resorted to cowering over my laptop holding my eyes open and simultaneously smudging all my make up! For now the big question is: American or English red carpet coverage?! If you're watching which are you going for?
Last night I had a cosy night in watching the NME awards. I've decided I may have to resort to attempting to make my own Christopher Kane style galaxy dress. I fell more and more in love with Alexa's every second she was on the screen. I'm also equally in love with Dave Grohl, who won the well - deserved Godlike Genius award before proceeding to give a two hour stellar performance. I'm so gutted I don't live in London because I even managed to get hold of a ticket to the Foo Fighters surprise show last night!


But alas, instead I had to make do with watching the Foos on TV and painting my nails. I'm loving the Barry M Instant Nail Effect polish at the moment. It fascinates me watching it crack!


I'm off to stare at Jessie J in The Sunday Times now and get even more hyper drinking Starbucks coffee! But I thought I'd leave you with this picture of Casper in his little cardigan that I took last night!