From todays show my personal highlight had to be Fake Blood's remix of Noah and the Whale L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. I have been in love with Noah and the Whale's latest track ever since I heard it on Zane Lowe's first play. Shamefully, the play count on my itunes exceeds 200! So when everybody at MODA in Leicester last night started tweeting about this Fake Blood remix that had just been dropped I got stupidly excited. I have loved Fake Blood ever since the early days when his identity was a secret and conspiracy theories were rife. So I did a little dance of joy when Annie said she was playing it on tonights show! It completely exceeded all my expectations. Definitely worth a play.
It was also great to hear Annie championing moombahton. It's going to be huge! Toddla T in for Benji B did an amazing moombahton special the other night which is well worth a listen. Moombahton is basically hiphop meets reggae meets dubstep meets electro. It's an interesting blend and well worth checking out. For a quick insight into this dance movement I suggest Time Takers 'She Blows.' This is the track Annie dropped tonight but unfortunately the quality on this rip isn't great, but it was the only link I could find. If anyone has a better quality version send it to me pleaseeee! One of my favourite moombahton remixes is A-Mac's mix of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's 'Heads Will Roll.' It's killer. And Dave Nada who started the Moombahton genre has a stellar remix of Sydney Samson's 'Riverside.'
I've gone a bit link happy in this post. Oops! I'm still feeling ill but since it's the weekend I'm going to treat myself to a mojito or two. Seems like a good idea now, but I will probably regret it tomorrow. Have a sexy Friday!
