Valentines Glossybox



Throwing my two cents in about Glossybox, as the majority of the blogging world do around this time every month. This month's Glossybox came in complete with fuschia pink box, baby pink stuffing, a heart sticker and an adorable pink hued piece of rock baring the Glossybox brand name. It is the little touches that Glossybox provide that are fast making them a firm favourite in the beauty box world. Of late, the Glossybox team seem to have really upped their game in terms of the service they provide and seem to offer a more consistent box each month. I really wish every Glossybox could be themed, as they really "go" for it and make each special occasion box work really well. The element of surprise with the boxes colour change makes it even more of a treat to open. So this month, I received two Clarins firming night and day creams, a First Aid Beauty body moisturiser, a Murad primer and a recently rebranded Eyeko eyeliner. 


It was nice to see Clarins products in a beauty box, given their notoriety and luxury brand status. I've often thought of Clarins as a more mature and sophisticated brand, with their skincare properties possibly dealing better with more aged skin, this was a conception not helped by these products being "firming" creams but I understand Glossybox obviously now have a much wider audience than young students like me who don't even want to think of wrinkles and things just yet. My Mum however was delighted to see them and quickly stole them away. She's a huge fan of Clarins and already has products similar so they're a welcome addition. That such a popular brand was featured in Glossybox really shows the boxes strength now though.  


I was excited to see the Murad primer, as I'm currently trying to decide which primer to commit to. (I think the bloggers favourite Benefit Pore Fessional is going to be the one.) I do quite like the "dewy" finish this product promised to offer and I loved the slick and soft texture of the product, at first I thought the liquid would be too dark for my skin but it applies practically invisibly. However I really haven't noticed any difference in how my finished make-up looked the two times I have used this product so far. To note, I used Illamasqua's skin base mixed with a little of MAC's studio fix to better match my skin tone. There was certainly no "dewy" finish to the look and so I was left a little disappointed with the product but I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it. 


I'm a little overwhelmed in the moisturising department of late, but since I've had a cold I decided to test this First Aid Beauty moisturiser out on some patches of dry skin. It really helped soothe and soften the areas immediately and after applying the product to the area for a few days my skin was back to normal. The product is of a really nice texture with a very clean smell and quite cute packaging. Overall it seems to deliver everything it claims. 



I received the blue Eyeko eye pencil. It seems Eyeko are doing the rounds in the beauty boxes following their rebranding, I'm not overly keen on the "new look" for the eyeliner. Whilst I understand the long silver 'handle' will be useful as the eyeliner wears down, it does mean there is a very small amount of product for the retail price, it does look a little dated and it could be an impractical size for fitting in travel make up bags. The application is quite nice and though the pencil is blue, it isn't overly divergent from my atypical black liner and might actually be a nice change. When rubbed however the product did fade quite quickly and would probably need to be sealed in with a primer or layer of clear liquid liner. Of course it's always extra lovely to see a full sized product so no complaints. Overall the box was a really solid one, I was intrigued by all the products and there isn't anything in the box that neither myself or family members wouldn't use.