Pretty In Pink



Bottom picture Left-Right: OPI Katy Perry Teenage Dream, Avon Speed Dry Ballerina, OPI Pirates Of The Caribbean Sparrow Me The Drama, Avon Speed Dry Strawberry, OPI Katy Perry The One That Got Away. 
This post isn't really "stereotypically" me or my blog, but I just thought I'd start being a bit more adventurous with everything I post here, this doesn't mean I'm deferring to a beauty blog in anyway (because frankly this is the most basic sort of beauty post EVER) but I just want to start using this space for a number of different formats and genres. My usual topical, fashion, film, music posts aren't going anywhere (ahem see 80s film reference in title)! But I really love the ombre nail trend that's around at the moment and just wanted to give it a little mention. Although excuse my short nails, in festival season they're prone to breaking all the time. I hold lugging tents and sleeping bags aplenty around all the time responsible.  Apart from having a somewhat older target market I really like Avon nail varnishes, they're often priced well, come in really wearable shades, are really easy to apply and are long lasting. The only problem is it's so hard choosing polishes through swatches in magazines or online, as I think many people have found through the Models Own sale! Whilst OPI are the best polishes I own, they just seem easier to apply than Models Own (which I feel can often disproportionately spread on the nail if you're not careful during application), if they weren't a higher price point and harder to get hold they'd definitely be my go-to nail polish.  All polishes used above dry extremely quickly, which is always a bonus, I hate the vain attempts at hand flapping, trying to read a magazine simultaneously and trying to turn the pages like you have rubber fingers and then the terrible moment when you need the toilet before they've dried! SIGH! I always wear a topcoat, usually an Avon one, to provide that glossy finish and to assist the lasting quality. Being a frequent typer and serial emailer I find the ends of my nails are always the first place to indicate wear if I miss out applying the topcoat.