Spent the day feeling incredibly ill and disheartened over not being able to go to Secret Garden Party. Turns out it's been the perfect day for cuddling up on the sofa feeling sorry for yourself though.
First I secured Warehouse Project tickets for the last night at the incredible Store Street venue, it's already an impeccable line up of talented DJs such as Jamie Jones, Maya Jane Coles, Tensnake and Julio Bashmore amongst any others and is set to be an incredible, if not messy, day/night/17 hours or so of live music! The Warehouse Project has become somewhat of a cult phenomenon; with the venue opening in the Fall season from September - New Years Day since 2006, always with a stunning array of dance music from both the legendary and the up and coming. It's not been announced what the next move for The Warehouse Project will be but with the affiliations to the ever growing Parklife and the popular launch of Hideout I suspect their investments may remain in the festival venture for the short-term at least, as I can't imagine shutting down a venue can be particularly cost effective.
Secondly, I got way too engrossed in the Mercury nominations; possibly because of my absolute adoration for the nomination King Creosote & Jon Hopkins album 'Diamond Mine.' It would be amazing to see them win as I honestly think it's one of the rawest and most beautiful albums of all time, yet till now has gone way too under the radar. But I imagine Metronomy or Elbow will gain the prize in the end. I agree with common consensus on Twitter it was a shame to see Friendly Fires and Wild Beasts overlooked, particularly when the already heavily accoladed Tinie Tempah managed to gain a nomination, despite in my opinion his album seeming to rely heavily on collaborations and his shameful lack of ability to deliver live (at Evolution / the Brit awards at least). It's a pity The Horrors album failed to be released in time too as it's such an astonishing piece of work.
Thirdly, I got to watch the hacking scandal play out in full. It's been a fascinating afternoon and who would have thought Wendi Deng could be so fiesty! Amazingly fast reaction! Fourthly, I've spent the rainy day browsing the Fall collections and I am adoring all the rusted/faded metal tones around, so many crisp leaf tones. I'll do a post soon but with some festivals still in the air I'm not ready to give up hope on Summer just yet. Fifthly, I got my tax return so found an excuse to browse holiday destinations from Summer beaches to city cafe's. I can't decide what I want so any recommendations at all let me know!
And last but not least, I fell in love with the Miu Miu Resort 2012 collection today. Whilst it may not be very recession friendly with the laden jewellery, brocaded fabrics and sparkly shoes, I love the little girl dress-up feel it has. It's full of those childhood delights; oversized gingham school dresses, layering on sparkly delights from your Mother's jewellery box, lace gloves for donning when hosting teddy bear tea parties and little girl lace and headbands. It had a 80s feel with pop art-esque lightning bolts and hearts jewellery and the splashes of electric pink and navy puffball skirts, yet with body clinging lace and sleek hairstyles a modern twist was emphasised. The whole Resort collection remained playful yet sophisticated and I really wish it could find its way into my wardrobe. 



