Hope everyone's enjoying the Bank Holiday, I've spent the last few hours writing business letters but am going to make up for working later with a Roast Dinner and some red wine! How wild am I?!
I've not been eating bread for the past three weeks, apart from a slight slip up with a garlic naan when I had an Indian takeaway, I've been really good. But I indulged in pepper, mushroom and halloumi cheese burgers last night! I just couldn't resist the BBQ! I haven't really missed bread nearly as much as I thought I would though and I'm definitely going to make more of an effort not to eat it every day like I used to once my month's up.
I'm really considering buying Kings Of Leon tickets today, especially since MONA and White Lies are the support at Manchester. I'll probably give in and end up purchasing by the end of the day!
Here's my second mixtape, still really considering podcasts, as I'd much prefer to talk about the songs than write about them. But hey ho! For now my witterings on will have to suffice. Theme: more Summery tunes that I've been listening to whilst sat on my sun lounger, reading books and drinking Kopparberg. If you guys have any suggestions for themes for playlists or anything let me know! I have tons of playlists for all different moods and feelings on my macbook. Sometimes I think nothing helps more than music.
Noah and the Whale 'Blue Skies' - Everyone now knows how much I love Noah and the Whale. This is one of my favourite songs of all time. I just love the lyrics, they're so utterly beautiful and moving. I could get teary eyed just talking about it! Noah and the Whale's albums have really helped me through a lot and I know I'm going to have a Kings of Leon at V Festival moment and end up crying through their set when I see them this Summer! They will be happy tears though! Promise!
Ed Sheeran 'The A Team' - Ed Sheeran is an absolute genius and that is all.
Alex Turner 'Piledriver Waltz' - If you haven't seen Submarine you need to! It's on at an indie picture house near where I live soon and I'm definitely going to go see it again! It's such a brilliant film and the soundtrack is gorgeous.
The Maccabees 'O.A.V.I.P' - I've always said I want The Maccabees to play at my wedding. If only. All their songs are just so sweet and Summery.
The Streets 'Dry Your Eyes' - since their session with Radio One I haven't been able to stop listening to The Streets. Mike Skinner is a God.
Nathaniel Rateliff 'Shroud' - Shroud is such a gorgeous song, Nathaniel Rateliff's voice always reminds me of Caleb Followill's for some reason. It's definitely just as distinctive, emotional and beautiful. 'In Memory of Loss' is a stunning album that everybody should definitely listen to.
Little Comets 'Figures' - Little Comets played at Leeds University's Summer Ball last year and I've loved them ever since. Like The Wombats their tracks are indie pop songs that are 100% infectious. They're a really interesting and dynamic live act too.
Alex Winston 'Sister Wife' - Rob da Bank's really championed Alex Winston on his early morning show and she's got such a strong voice it's almost like if Kate Bush sang modern pop songs. She's gorgeous too and I desperately want to see her live.
Brother 'Darling Buds of May' - Love Brother. They keep producing ridiculously good, ridiculously catchy records, so perfect for Summer.
Vampire Weekend 'A Punk' - Go to Summer band. Not much more to say. They were beyond amazing at Benicassim last year.
Two Inch Punch 'Love You Up' - Hello lovestep. Mount Kimbie lovers listen!
Steve Angello & Alex Metric 'Open Your Eyes' - Along with this, 'Heart is King' and 'Save The World Tonight' it looks like the Swedes are going to be dominating the Summer once again.
Magnetic Man ft Katy B 'Perfect Stranger' - Also amazing at Benicassim last year, Magnetic Man are just a brilliant live act and how beautiful is Katy B's voice?!
Delilah 'Breathe' - Delilah's currently offering vocals on Chase and Status' new EP 'Time' and is probably going to be as huge as Katy B soon. To me she sounds like Katy B and James Blake's love child. I've mentioned before on this blog how much I love this song and it still hasn't got old.
James Blake 'Limit To Your Love' - speaks for itself really. Just amazing.
Kanye West 'Love Lockdown' - I'm one of those people who adores Kanye. Yes, he can be egotistical, arrogant and possibly a little obnoxious; but he does have an amazing talent. He's virtually flawless live, the Runaway video was PHENOMENAL and I've loved every single one of his albums. And yes, I want a Big Chill ticket purely because he's playing.
Jennifer Lopez (ft LL Cool J) 'All I Have' - OK flashback to a Summer spent in France circa 2002. I had my first portable CD player and about three albums with me for the whole Summer. One of which was 'This Is Me... Then.' I was about eleven years old and by the end of the Summer I must have played JLo's album hundreds of times. I can't help but love it still. Plus how hot is she for over 40?!
Snoop Dogg 'Drop It Like It's Hot' - Yes I'll admit it. I have a Snoop Dogg obsession. But this is drunken Summer evenings in a song.
Tyler, the Creator 'Yonkers' - Doesn't need much of an introduction. Out of this world amazing. The fact this track's made it on Radio One several times with about a fifty bleeped out profanities kind of demonstrates alone just how good it is.
Maverick Sabre 'Sometimes' - I was so excited for Maverick Sabre on Jools Holland last week and he definitely didn't disappoint. Stunning. If you like Plan B....
Eminem (ft Dido) 'Stan' - Oh my how I love this song. Again reminds me perfectly of France. There was a time when you couldn't tune into a French radio station without hearing this no matter the time of day!
Oh Land 'Wolf and I' - I want to be Oh Land so badly, she's gorgeous (case in point VS magazine cover), has such an amazing presence, a beautiful wardrobe and a breathtaking voice. Her music reminds me of an eerier Florence and the Machine.
Long post. If you listen to any of the tunes let me know what you think and I hope you all have a lovely evening.
