I'm a sucker for lomography. I love how romantic and ethereal the photos look, how their imperfections add realism and depth to the photos, how they can look almost otherworldly. I've been saving my own lomography camera for a special occasion since I can't really afford to be sending the films off every day... yes I do use my digital camera every day! I can't remember when I started carrying a camera with my everywhere, but it's something I've done for quite a while now. Their's beauty and inspiration everywhere, and you never know what's round the corner; I like having my camera with me just in case it's something spectacular. For instance, a few weeks back I suddenly looked out the window and the sky had transformed from it's typical English dull-grey to a whole plethora of colours. It was so pretty it would have been quite sad not to have a photo of it. Whenever you're not feeling so great looking at gorgeous photos always helps. I needed cheering up today after Barcelona's loss last night! (Massive football fan. I turn into a boy, drinking Coronas and believing the players can hear whatever I shout at the TV!)
So when I stumbled across photos of Rachel Antonoff's Fall collection shot with a Holga camera I was in heaven. Rachel Antonoff is one of my favourite designers, she just makes fashion so fun! Her presentation this year was to show her clothes in a retro high school dance setting. With the lomography camera the photos look like they could be stills from Grease or the more macabre Carrie. These shots authenticate and substantiate the vintage florals and plaids in a way that a SLR couldn't. Although now I don't know whether to blame Rachel or Gunnar Larson - the photographer - for the lust I now have for a pair of white tights. I'm about to begin a thorough internet search to track some down. If anyone has a pair or has seen any about let me know. They remind me of Alice in Wonderland.









